Do you want to play your role in the field of artistic photography? Be part of our state of the art program, the European Master of Contemporary Photography, which is going into its eighth Edition in April 2018.
We offer a practical and innovative training in a unique master program, where you can develop your personal project, coached by our team of tutors and teachers of international fame: Martin Parr, Joan Fontcuberta, Simon Roberts or Andreas Müller-Pohle, to name just a few.
Two scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees, equivalent to 4.250 euros.
Deadline for the receipt of works: 4th of December 2017 at 18:00, Madrid time (GMT+1).
The winners will be announced on the 11th of December 2017 at 18:00, Madrid time (GMT +1).
The names of the winners will be published on iedphotography.com/
- People of any origin or nationality can take part.
- The scholarships are awarded in a discretional way, based on the documentation received and the development potential of the candidate. The pre-selected applicants will be contacted for a brief interview in person, by telephone or skype.
- The European Master in Fine Art Photography is given in English. There are some activities, case studies and lectures which are given in Spanish with simultaneous translation. A medium-high level of English is required.
- Dynamics of the competition: the participants will have to fill out the competition application form, attaching their curriculum vitae, portfolio and a motivation letter.
- PRIZE: two scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fees, equivalent to 4,250 euros.
- The winners will have to pay the course registration fee (€4,000) + 50% of the tuition fees (€4250).
- In no case are the scholarship amounts repayable in cash.
- To receive the scholarship it is ESSENTIAL to enrol and pay the registration fee within a period of 10 days starting from 11th of December, 2017 the date of the announcement of the winners.
- Rules. Winner must be aware of and observe the rules contained in the general regulations of the IED Madrid and accept and sign the specific regulations for scholarship holders within a period of a week from the announcement of the awarding of the prize.
- Winner must study the whole of the Master in the IED Madrid, and risk losing the scholarship if they transfer to another centre.
- 90% minimum attendance at classes.
- The scholarship holders must actively participate in all the special and multidisciplinary projects proposed by the school: presentation events, supervised competitions and workshops.
- The scholarship holders must actively participate in the documentation of the Master activities, maintenance of the blog, description of journeys, workshops, lectures, etc.
- The Master course will not take place if the minimum number of students is not reached, This will mean the loss of the scholarship.
- The cancellation of the course during the official announcement of 2018 will give rise to the loss of the scholarship.
- Failure to comply with any of the obligations described will mean the loss of the scholarship.
- The scholarship holders give their consent to their name appearing in the Newspoint bulletin and other promotional materials of the IED.
- The participation period ends on the 4th of December, 2017 at 18:00, Madrid time.
- The judges decision will be announced on the 11th of December, 2017 at 18:00, Madrid time, via iedphotography.com.
- In accordance with Organic Law 25/1999 of the 13th of December, regarding Personal Data Protection, we inform you of the inclusion of your personal and professional data to an automated file entitled STUDENTS and FORMER STUDENTS, managed by the Istituto Europeo di Design S.L., with the aim of offering you information on the administrative processing of your academic record, course and training applications, information, scholarships and grants, events, workshops and any other promotional purpose. You are likewise informed of your righ to access, rectify, cancel and oppose the use of your data, by writing to the following address: Istituto Europeo di Design, calle Larra, 14 28004 Madrid o firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participation in this competition entails the acceptance of these conditions **.
*The expenses of additional didactic activities are not included in the scholarship amount.
**These conditions are correct except for printing errors and can be found at iedphotography.com
Photo Credits: image of the Concrete Jungle series by Paloma Castello, student of the European Master of Contemporary Photography 2017.