Do you want to play your role in the field of artistic photography? Be part of our state of the art program, the European Master of Contemporary Photography, which is going into its ninth Edition in April 2019.
We offer a practical and innovative training in a unique master program, where you can develop your personal project, coached by our team of tutors and teachers of international fame: Martin Parr, Joan Fontcuberta, Simon Roberts or Andreas Müller-Pohle, to name just a few.
Two scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees, equivalent to 5.375 euros.
Deadline for the receipt of works on Monday 26th of November 2018 at 18:00, Madrid time (GMT+1).
The deadline for applications has passed
- People of any nationality and origin may take part, of legal age.
- Dynamics of the contest. Participants will have to fill in the contest entry form attaching their CV, cover letter, and portfolio.
- The scholarships will be awarded subject to discretion, based on the documentation received and the candidate’s potential development. The jury will be made up of professionals from the IED Madrid. The preselected applicants will be contacted for a brief interview in person, by phone or via Skype.
- Awards. The two winners will be awarded a scholarship that covers 50% of the course fee. In the event that the organization considers that neither of the applicants is adequate, may declare the prize null and void.
- The scholarships (two) cover 50% of the course fee, in the amount of 5.375€.
- In order to it receive the scholarship it is ESSENTIAL to register and pay the registration fee within 10 days from Monday, 3rd of December, 2018, date of announcement of the winners. The total amount of the Master will be 8.375€, 3.000€ of registration and 5.375€ of the course fee.
- Legislation. Knowing and following the rules in the general regulations of the IED Madrid is compulsory, as well as accepting and signing the specific rules for interns in a period of two weeks after the announcement of the grants.
- The full course must be studied at the IED Madrid, and the grant will be lost if a student transfer to another school.
- Students must attend at least 85% of the lessons.
- The scholarship winners must take an active part in all the special and multidisciplinary projects proposed by the school: presentation events tutored competitions and workshops.
- The scholarship winners must take part actively to the documentation of the activities of the master, blog maintenance, description of travels, workshops, lectures, etc.
- If there are not enough students to carry out the master, the grant will be lost.
- Dropping out from a course in April 2019 will involve the loss of the grant.
- Failure to comply with the obligations described will involve the loss of the grant.
- Scholarship winners give permission for the data (name and surname) to appear in the Newspoint bulletin and other promotional materials of the IED.
- The jury will announce the winners on Monday the 3rd of December, 2018, at 18:00h Madrid (CET). The contest results will be published on iedphotography.com and master.iedmadrid.com
- Participation in this competition entails the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
*These terms and conditions are correct unless there has been a typographic error.
** Esta noticia está también disponible en español
Photo Credits: "My glasses don't let me sleep" de Ratoul Chaudhury, student of the European Master of Contemporary Photography 2018