The Postgraduate Course in Photography and Visual Language is an immersion in the cross-curricular understanding of artistic and applied photography through its tools, giving priority to the understanding of photography for expressive and narrative purposes. It aims to encourage the development of artists and photography professionals in a context that requires specialists who are sensitive to interdisciplinarity.
You will receive full training on photographic language, its techniques and expressive consequences. Thus, you will learn to shoot with all professional formats, to express yourself with natural or artificial light, to properly handle post-production tools and to disseminate images with new technologies.
• Learn first-hand how to construct an image, its language, its treatment from the technical point of view and how to reproduce it in different supports
• Familiarize yourself with current photographic production, its themes and genres, its artistic and applied practice and its cultural value in the information society
• Work with different cameras and professional formats taking into account their expressive and narrative functionality
• Get to know the latest technologies in digital image capture of images in small, medium and large formats and their creative repercussions
• Learn about the digital laboratory and all its expressive tools
• Approach discourses around the contemporary image, with its ethical and social repercussions, through its representation techniques.
• Learn to use photography as a communication tool in electronic media and social networks and understand its role as a lingua franca.
• Freelance photographer
• Production assistant
• Art direction assistant
• Postproduction work
• Jobs in the publishing world
Dates and Schedule
October 2018 - January 2019
16.00-20.00 h (Mon to Fri, 3 or 4 days per week)